Saturday, September 09, 2006

north america

Hank's Mum, Josephine, lives in San Francisco, California. She moved there about 6 years ago, so I've never met her, and Hank hasn't been in touch with her a lot in that time, either. Our original thought of going overseas was to visit her for three weeks, or there-abouts, but we decided that spending over 2-grand to travel that far ~ and for such a short time ~ felt as though we'd be left wanting more. So instead of doing anything in half-measures, we're now going to travel around the world and re-locate to another country for a year... and we'll probably still be left wanting more.

Our plan now for California ~ after talking with Hank's Uncle Rune about his North America adventures in the '60's ~ is to land in LA and hire a winnebago (that could be a bit delux) or campervan, then travel north to San Francisco, through the Redwood National Park (being careful of lions and elk and bears, oh my!) and Yosemite National Park. We haven't yet worked out exactly where Josephine is, but we will definitely be catching up with her around that area.

From the coast region, we'll be making our way south/east through Death Valley and Grand Canyon NP's, then out of nature and on to the busy strips and bright lights of, you guessed it, Las Vegas! I don't know which I'm more excited about, the desert or neon, and it doesn't stop there...

My friend, Jade ~ who I worked with at Spa Chakra ~ left Sydney a couple of months ago, and should now be comfortably shacked-up with her beau in Dallas, Texas. It would be cool to see her, and a great reason to go somewhere I hadn't expected to be visiting. Now that I have the idea in my head, though, I can't wait to see how BIG everything really is there! Apparently Dallas' slogan is: Live Large. Think Big .... so I think we'll be sharing meals.

From there we'll be heading south to Mexico for a few weeks to relax on the beaches as do some walks, before flying to Chicago (hopefully hang out with Lynne in her home town) and then on to New York. So much to see, I'm glad we've got the time. There should be some fun to be had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home